The understanding of the Universe was and is a permanent desire of human being to discover the secrets and mysteries of outer space.
The exhibition, unique in the country by European standards implementation and compliance with, presents aspects regarding the origin and organization of the Universe. This scientific journey provides information about:
- The Universe and its structures (galaxies, clusters, stars, star clusters, constellations)
- The genesis and evolution of the Universe (Big Bang theory)
- Galaxies, radio galaxies, quasars, clusters
- The Milky Way and Local Group of Galaxies
- The genesis end evolution of stars
- Other celestial bodies (comets, asteroids, meteorites)
- Solar System
- The Sun (genesis, evolution, structure and solar activity)
- The planets and their satellites
- The Earth as Planet – the Earth evolution
- The Moon (the characteristics and natural satellite exploration)
- The Earth-Moon-Sun relation (the phases of the Moon, eclipses, tides)
- The movements of the Earth and their consequences
- The intern structure of the Earth
- The Tectonic plates, volcanism and earthquakes. Section through a volcano.
- The Shells Earth (lithosphere, atmosphere, hydrosphere, biosphere).
The exhibition is atypical, because there are exposed only three pieces from our collections, namely three pieces from the meteorite fell at Sopot in Dolj County, on 27th of April 1927.
The end of the exhibition is reserved to the space research, by presenting the personalities from the astronomy history Nicolaus Copernicus, Galileo Galilei, Johannes Kepler, Isaac Newton, Albert Einstein, Edwin Hubble) and the space exploration with stages in conquering the outer space (Iuri Gagarin, Valentina Tereşcova, Neil Amstrong – the first astronaut who put his leg on the Moon, on 20th of July 1969) and means of exploring the Universe (probes, space shuttle, The International Space Station).